Elena Myasoedova, M.D., Ph.D., is a clinical rheumatologist with specialty interest in inflammatory arthritis. She holds the academic rank of Associate Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
Her primary clinical focus includes:
- Evaluation and management of patients with inflammatory arthritis (i.e. rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, axial and peripheral spondyloarthritis, arthritis associated with autoimmune connective tissue diseases, gout, and calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease)
- Patient-centered approach and shared decision making in rheumatologic care
Her primary research focus includes:
- Epidemiology and outcomes research in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- Individualized prediction of response to antirheumatic medications in patients with rheumatoid arthritis using clinical and pharmacogenomic data
- Studies on cardiovascular disease in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- Studies on multimorbidity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
Dr. Myasoedova has intramural and extramural funding supporting her research and is actively involved in mentoring research trainees, residents and fellows.